Headgames is a Diggers performance involving the negotiation of a relationship between the body, a head-mounted camera and projected screen. The image is processed through a custom software system which is controlled by two handheld wireless sensors. The image is then sonified, enabling the body to connect to the mediated image and initiate a dialogue.
Based on Paul Ryan’s notion of “threeing” the Headgames score represents different relational positions that resembles a circuit, or a system of interrelated processes that allows for a behavioral feedback circuit to occur.
Through this feedback circuit, the signal is extended into the environment through light and sound. It becomes something that can be given form and sculpted through movement. Through this embodied choreography of signal, the internal psychic space of the performer becomes immediately externalized and the process of finding balance can be enhanced and made observable.
Group Process III
Group Process III is an extention of headgames where a signal is passed through three computers, creating a no-input feedback circuit. Each performer sculpts a different aspect of the signal in one of the triadic positions of threeing, (i.e. firstness, secondness, thirdness). The performers work together to find different balance points in the signal as a type of collective choreography.
- 2018 January 20 – UNZIP @ Three Legged Dog, NYC
- 2018 January 5- Coaxial Gallery, LA
- 2017 December 10 – Distended Cinema @ H0lO NYC
- 2017 November 30 – Dark Circuits Light Orchestra @ Knockdown Center NYC
- 2017 October 28 – Harvestworks NYC
- 2017 July 20 – Governors Island – NYC
- 2017 July 11 – Distended Cinema – Secret Project Robot – Brooklyn NYC
- 2017 June 24 – Coaxial Gallery – LA
- 2017 June 23 – SpaceTime Art – San Diego, California
- 2017 June 18 – Artists Television Access – San Francisco
- 2017 “Headgames” June 4, Confetti Machine, Outpost Artist Resources
- 2017 Group Process III June 3, Confetti Machine, Outpost Artist Resources
- 2017 “Headgames” Feb 24 University of Denver, Artist Talk,
- 2017 “Headgames” Feb 4, Heavy Motion @ Coaxial Gallery, LA